Wednesday, August 27, 2008

BABY NEWS!

Well Jimmy and I are finally prego! It took awhile to decide when we wanted to have kids. I am working full time and so is jimmy. Jimmy says that I was always baby hungry even when we first got married. But I waited for almost a year of being married. We are so excited for this little one to come! I hope for a girl and he wants a boy of course. The story behind me finding out I was pregnant was this... We stated trying in July of this year and after a couple of weeks I felt really dizzy and light headed. My mom said oh your probably dehydrated. I get the idea maybe I'm pregnant? So I went to go by a test at target on my lunch break and take it and it was negative! But what I didn't think about is that I took the test way to early. The dork that i can be sometimes.. So a couple of weeks later I went with jimmy sis. to buy one of the five day early tests. So it was exactly 5 days before I was supposed to start. Jimmy had left to work and ency me! I took the test sat on the toilet lid tapping my nails on the counter waiting for the results! I looked at it and it read pregnant of course. I about fell off the toilet lid out in schock! I couldn't stop shaking. I called my mom in a frantic and said you wouldn't believe what I just did! She was so nervous and said WHAT? I took a test and I'm pregnant! She told me to calm down make a doctors appt. to make sure that it was positive. Next person to call was my husband. He thought I was joking when I told him and then finally he believed me. I had teased him so much before that he had a hard time believing me. Needless to say we are very happy for this baby to come. Weather it's a boy or girl we just hope it's healthy and strong. Just wanted to share some good news to friends and family!

14 comments:

Auburn said...

yeah! So happy for you. You're going to love motherhood!

Heather said...

That is the BEST news!!!
Congrats!!!

Kim said...

Yay for the new baby! I am so excited for you guys! Katrina says she'll volunteer for babysitting duty.

Dewitt's said...

There really is no better news! CONGRATULATIONS! So excited for you guys!

Erin said...

That is so fun Maren...great news! You are so good with kids you will be a fantastic mother! I am just glad you will not have to be released before Brandon leaves your class...he loves having you as a teacher. Hope all goes well and you enjoy the next several months.

Maren said...

Just wanted to tell everyone thankyou so much for your comments. We are just so excited!

Rodela Family said...

Maren, I am so excited for you guys. You better tell me as soon as you find out whether it is a boy or girl. You are going to be such a great mom!

Erin A said...

What fun news!!! That is so exciting! I hope hope hope that you won't be sick!!! Congratulations!

Alison said...

I've already said it, but CONGRATULATIONS! I'm with you on hoping it's a girl. So exciting!!

jfbast said...

congratulations maren and jimmy! what an exciting time.

faith [jimmy's cousin]

Riley and Brooke Nelson said...

Yea! That is so fun. I hope it is a girl so I can buy cute outfits for her. The best part of having a little girl is the shopping! =)

Rachelle Palmer said...

yeah!!!! i'm so excited for you!!! i hope you don't get too sick!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

hey! Congrats! that is very exciting news!

Grannie Wright said...

Maren I am so happy for you and your sweetheart to be expecting your first baby. Tara told me but it didn't register till I saw youat the salon. There you were with your little momma bump. How great! Congratulations. Love you, Kathleen